Ad

Jade is a breastfed baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Big Draw: It's Our World

We were very honored to be invited to Playeum's 6th edition of the four time Award Winning
Big Draw:
It's Our World

I think I'd call it "It's our Worlds"

My 1st World: Colours of the Jungle


by Eve Tan
an entire space, floor, walls, etc wrapped up with paper and we can draw anywhere and everywhere!

I immediately got down and started drawing.
The "jungle" was soon filled up.
As the "jungle" was outside the toilet, mummy felt bad every time she had to step over the drawings to get in and out of the washroom.

 My 2nd World: Land Before Time 

Inspired by artist Lin Shi Yuun and the story of the Gunung Daik mountain.

Teacher Lin showing us what to do to the mountain.

After working on the mountain for some time,

I decided to contribute to the landscape by sculpting something on my own.
So Teacher brought me to select some materials.

Putting paper marche on the tree I built.
 
 Mummy calls it "very messy art"
as there's glue and paper everywhere!


You can make your own glue.
Lin Shi Yuun's directions: one cup flour + one cup water


 Next, Teacher blended glue + newpaper for us to explore a different texture

messsy paper marche photo messymarche.gif

 Messy!
look at my hands and the floor.
This girl working with me was in a complete messy from head to toe but it doesn't bother her at all and she's so happily working on her sculptures.
Mummy wishes she was cool like this girl's mum. She thinks she will freak out if I come home like this with paper marche all over my pants and paint coloring my shirt.
Well, this is all part of messy art!



My 3rd world: Raindrops

The one I've been looking forward to - clay-play session, centered on a rainforest theme, inspired by artist Madhvi, Raindrops

 Can't wait to get my hands on these clay!

 Pull

 Press

 Shape

 Adding on the branches

 Here! my very own Tree!
I'm very proud of my tree and wanted to bring it home

  but Mummy thinks I should contribute to the Rainforest. :(


Final touch: Writing my name on it lest I forget which is my tree.

 Kind jiejie helping me to wash the clay off my hands.

Our rainforest!
I'm sure by the time we go back this weekend, it'll be soooo crowded with more trees!



My 4th world: Wild Drawings

an interactive art installation by Isabelle Desjeux

 using “wild flowers” of Singapore

 Teacher showing me the plants

creating my art-piece with plants and charcoal.
Mummy wondered why everything looks nice with charcoal.
it's my drawing that is nice lah. silly mummy.

The world outside: Poi Painting 

by Zheng Hao

poi painting photo 2014-11-05_10-32-49_845.gif


As you can see, all these are very messy art, so don't go in your best clothes but go in your comfy clothes that can be messed up in.
Also, wear slippers cos you may need to take off your shoes and may be even wash them.

nevertheless, The messier, the more fun!

See you at

It's Our World

8th and 9th November 2014 

11am to 6pm 

Block 7, Lock Road #01-13 Gillman Barracks, Singapore 108935
(opposite Hort Park)



Programme Highlights 

8th Nov 
4-6 pm Poi Painting by Zheng Hao and Bonfire Community Circus

9th Nov 
11 am: Moving Drawings with Ezekiel Oliveira of FiveLines - a contemporary dance initiative
3 pm: Story Telling with Pooja Makijani
4-6 pm Poi Painting by Zheng Hao and Bonfire Community Circus

No comments:

Post a Comment